Love is in the air, and we thought we would take a look at some of the more interesting and remarkable items up for sale today. We turned to eBay’s Top Shared page to find the products people were already talking about this Valentine’s Day. We found a bunch of unusual ideas, so if your chocolate and flowers gift falls flat this year, think about giving one of these gifts next year, or this year (especially if you are a KISS fan!)
According to history.com, Valentine’s Day started being celebrated in the USA in the 1700s, although the holiday was celebrated in the UK about a century earlier. How the holiday got started and its association with love and romance is shrouded in mystery. The site notes one origin story: “Valentine may have been killed for attempting to help Christians escape harsh Roman prisons, where they were often beaten and tortured. According to one legend, an imprisoned Valentine actually sent the first ‘valentine’ greeting himself after he fell in love with a young girl–possibly his jailor’s daughter–who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter signed ‘From your Valentine,’ an expression that is still in use today.”
No matter how the holiday started, the tradition of giving gifts is firmly ensconced in our collective consciousness, and here are a few suggestions for your special someone.
First up is the LEGO Heart Necklace. Silver or Gold Plated plate brick
These are made with two 2×3 Lego plates that are joined together in the shape of a heart. The seller states, “there is no clasp on the necklace the LEGO plates make the clasp by attaching together to form a strong bond.” We like the idea of a Valentine’s Day necklace formed by a strong bond — after all, isn’t that what you hope to have with your loved one?
Who wouldn’t like to receive this cute umbrella, adorned with many red hearts, as a gift? OK, not many guys would be seen carrying this around, but perhaps they would enjoy the next item instead (although any KISS fanatic of any gender is sure to want to bid).
We found this once in a lifetime experience, to Be the first Couple Married at KISS “Hotter Than Hell” Vegas Wedding Chapel with KISS!:
This rock ‘n’ roll wedding event looks amazing. If you have moved beyond the exchange of valentines and the chocolate, flowers, Lego necklaces, and bubble heart umbrella gifts, it’s time to step up to the altar and get married (or maybe just renew your vows) at the Las Vegas KISS wedding chapel. You and your betrothed and 20 guests are in for quite a treat. You will need to read the entire description (it is quite amazing) to get a sense of what is on offer, but highlights include:
- A two night stay at the Rumor ultimate Mega suite at the Rumor Hotel.
- The night before the wedding, enjoy a dinner at the Hard Rock Hotel’s 35 Steaks & Martini’s restaurant.
- On the wedding day, the bride will be treated like royalty by Sumita Beauty “Beauty to The Stars.”
- On the wedding day, the groom will have his choice of a full KISS costume of his favorite KISS character, including boots!
- Tour of Las Vegas for you and your guests, with wedding party photo.
- Ceremony: Walk up that aisle with your KISS song of choice blasting surrounded by theatrical lights and cranking Fog Machines to an alter fashioned after KISS’ album cover for Love Gun.
- Once the ceremony is over, it’s back outside to smash the official ceremonial guitar
- And much more.
We only hope that there will be photos or videos from this event that will be posted, so we can see what it is really like to Rock and Roll All Nite!