The end of summer usually means the end of the blockbuster movie season, as parents start thinking about Back-to-School, and kids start worrying about going back to school. Who has time for a movie with all that angst around the house? But occasionally there is a late blooming blockbuster that grabs people’s attention, conversation, time, and money. One such hit movie is Elysium, starring Matt Damon.
In a nutshell, Elysium is a science fiction movie described by IMDB as:
Set in the year 2154, where the very wealthy live on a man-made space station while the rest of the population resides on a ruined Earth, a man takes on a mission that could bring equality to the polarized worlds.
Of course, in the polarized America of today, the left wing loves the movies allegorical take on how the richest 1% live off the toils of the other 99%, while the right wing bad-mouths actor Matt Damon. Relax, people, it is just a Summer movie, no need to make it into some kind of political statement! Here at eBay stories we would certainly never do that – we love all movies, but we especially cool movie props.
Today’s remarkable listings will satisfy the movie buff or critic in all of us by offering up various props from the movie. First up is this ELYSIUM MAX DA COSTA MATT DAMON SCREEN WORN HARD STUNT WETA HULC SUIT PROP SET:
Unfortunately, the title tries to cram in so many key words in ALL CAPS it is hard to really discern what the item being sold actually is. Luckily, the seller translates in the description (although it does help if you have seen the movie):
“This is a Max Da Costa (Matt Damon) screen used collectible WETA Hard Stunt HULC (Human Universal Load Carrier) ExoSuit prop set. This set includes the HS undershirt, HS undershorts, gloves, and the suit itself.
The undershirt is described as being composed of a nylon material with metal screw holes and zippers and silicone parts to make it appear as skin. The undershorts are described as being composed of spandex, also with metal screw holes and zippers. The suit pieces are described as being composed of polyester resin and hard rubber materials, and are combined with several different types of hardware. This suit was received from production in pieces, and was reassembled to the best of the abilities of the VIP staff. It may not be identical to the suit in the film, but is very similar. Some assembly is required.
The suit was designed to fit Matt Damon very snug, but the shirt and shorts can stretch slightly. This suit is in good condition, but shows signs of use from production. This is one of two hard stunt full suits associated with Max received from production. The other will be listed separately. Please note that this suit was used as a prop and is not a functioning universal load carrier. “
Bidding has been fast and furious on this item; twenty bidders have pushed the price up to $5,200.
If that is too rich (or too Elysium, as the case may be) for you, don’t worry – there are Elysium props to suit every budget. For a full list, click here.
Whether you are stressed out about having your kids go back to school, or just going with the flow (and we mean you, parents!), take some time to do one last thing with your kids this summer – a movie, or even down to the Boardwalk to ride the roller coaster. We have a feeling you’ll be glad you did.